Did you know termite treatments to homes built since 1997 can be as simple as charging your termite replenishment system which is already installed around your home?
‘Organochlorines’ were used as termite control in the old days. They were banned from1997.
Today new homes are built with a replenishment system which allows us to hook up to and pump the required amount of product around your house. This can be done without any disruption to the household.
What is a termite replenishment system I hear you ask?
Well, there are a few systems on the market:
1. Altis Termite System
2. Termguard Termite System
3. Camilleri Termite System
4. TermX Termite System
These termite systems are installed to the perimeter of new homes (verandahs, mowing strips, carports/garages) prior to concrete pour. These are pipes which have holes every 150mm. They run the perimeter of the dwelling and have charge up points (valve boxes) to certain locations to the perimeter.
For example. The perimeter of your home is 80 meters. We need to apply 400 ltrs to your system.
Think of your home as your castle (which of course it is!) and around your castle is the moat. The moat is the chemical zone to protect you from termite attack.
Choices of products that you can use:
1. Biforce 200sc – This is a detectable product which termites can sense and deter from entering. We use this product @1% which has a life expectancy of 4 years.
2. Fipforce HP – Our premium product and preferred when replenishing your termite system.It is undetectable in the soil and when termites come in contact, they unknowingly transfer the product to each other and helps to eliminate the nest! It has a life expectancy of 8 years. We have priced this product to be the most attractive option in protecting your home.
Do you have a termite replenishment system not installed by Quack Pest Control? Unsure if you can use us?
We are licensed Termite Technicians. The system is yours. Your termite system is not owned by the installer pest control company.
DISCLAIMER: – We are relying on the system which was installed by another Pest Control company to be installed correctly and in working order. No liability can be given to Quack Pest Control on your system which was installed by another Pest Control company.
What we offer!
1. Free quotation
2. We will replenish your termite system with the agreed choice of product at the correct rate and volume. If we notice a fault in the system we will stop and notify you.
3. We will provide a Termite Pest Inspection.
4. A Certificate of Treatment will be issued.
5. Termite Treatment Notice will be affixed to the meter box.
6. A common option taken up by most of our clients is to treat your house for Ants, Cockroaches and Spiders while we are there. (3-month free service period applies).
7. 12-month free service period applies to termite treatment. (This is not a timber replacement warranty).
8. Yearly termite maintenance inspection reminders with options to treat for Ants, Cockroaches and Spiders.
At Quack Pest Control we provide you with unparalleled service where care and attention as our number 1 goal. Quack Pest Control is a Family owned and operated company with over 50 years of business in Darwin. We have Family trained staff who we have instilled quality service where we treat your home like our own.
Call our friendly staff today to organise your free quote Get the peace of mind knowing that you have done the best you can to keep termites away from your greatest asset.
TERMITES – PRE 1997 (or homes built without a termite replenishment system.)
If your home was built prior to 1997 then it’s unlikely that you have a termite replenishment system installed. Homes built prior to 1997 had ‘Organochlorines’ sprayed under the slab.These have a life expectancy of 30 years.
After the destruction of Cyclone Tracy, Darwin was rebuilt using these products. That was over 45 years ago! For the last 15 years, Quack Pest Control have been busy treating these older homes for termite activity and prevention for our clients.
The process requires us to quote on the home and to come up with a plan for an effective termite management program. Installing a termite perimeter chemical zone using our premium product Fipforce HP is our highest recommendation. There may be some necessary internal treatment to cover internal weakness. (Such as Highset homes which have been built in underneath or internal expansion joins). This can be identified during our quotation process.
Installing a termite perimeter chemical zone requires us to drill and inject every 300mm to the external perimeter of dwelling. We use a 10mm drill bit and a grey plug are installed when finished. We try to be neat in this process and drill holes in straight lines.
Our chemical option for this process is Fipforce HP. It is undetectable to termites which is excellent for termite elimination and provides a long label life of 8 years.
When it’s time to replenish, we simply push through the plugs to re-inject.
What we offer:
1. A Termite Pest Inspection and Report is carried out.
2. Certificate of Treatment is supplied.
3. Termite Treatment Notice is affixed to the meter box.
4. 4 week follow up inspection when active termites were present.
5. 12 month free service period applies. (This is not a timber replacement warranty).
6. Yearly termite maintenance inspection reminders with a general pest treatment deal for Ants, Cockroaches and Spiders.
Call our friendly staff today to organise your free quotation. Get the peace of mind knowing that you have done the best you can to keep termites away from your greatest asset.
TERMITES – Garden
Termites just LOVE your garden! Mastotermes darwiniensis (Masto’s) just love palms and native trees/shrubs.
If Masto’s are in your garden, we find that they systematically go from one tree to the next until they have totally destroyed your hard gardening work!
This doesn’t need to happen! Termite treatment using our premium product Fipforce HP (google it. It’s awesome!), we provide a deep root injection to each tree/palm. Using your tree as a bait station, the Masto’s think they’re going to get a great feed! Unfortunately for them, they have entered the treatment zone. Now they pass it on from one to another and like dominoes, they fall until it gets back to their nest.
Remove termites from your garden today.
Call our awesome staff to organise your free quote.